Saturday, November 27, 2010

Market within a Market - Minor Glyphs

If you are a goblin fond of risky roller coater markets, then you probably partake in the Glyph Market.

I am relatively new to the Glyph Market but so far it has been very lucrative.


One thing I noticed was that there was fierce competition on Prime and Major glyphs, currently the running average on my mid/high pop server is 35-55g per glyph.

But then I take a look at minor glyphs and notice that the average price for those is 125-155g per glyph and that the market is not as saturated.


I believe the majority of people are learning their glyphs from Northrend Inscription Research (which normally grants you a Prime or Major Glyph) and not doing their Minor Inscription Research which grants Minor Glyphs. Both share the same cooldown.

So what's the solution?

as Kreaton posted on his blog not too long ago, if you have a lowbie banker (as I did) make him/her a scribe and grind to 75. Once there you can learn minor inscription research and have your lowbie craft the minor Glyphs, while your main scribe can still learn the Major or Prime ones.


The Glyph Market is getting a few more competitor's on my server as people are board and attempting to make money for cata, even with this i am still able to average around 30-45g profit per glyph in sales and make around 2000g a day in glyphs alone. Vanishing Powder is still selling on a regular basis (wtf?) but Enchanting Vellum's are not. I think that's because most people who are making scrolls are AH savvy and know they can buy it from a vendor now, whereas vanishing powder is used by the general population.


I haven't made any large deals in the last few days, with the holiday I spent a lot of time cooking and cleaning and visiting family, spending little time on the AH. The biggest deal I think I made was getting 2 Arctic Fur and 40 Frozen Orbs for 100g (Seller in Trade Chat).


The Paladin has reached level 66 and I hope to have her to 72 before the weekend is over and 75 before next Friday, still trying to get to 80 before cata hits.

I hope you have a great holiday weekend filled with lots of turkey :)

2 comments:

  1. Note, I still plan on doing a review of Kalimdor - I just haven't finished exploring the new zones, there are too many new pets to get and its distracting :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just found your blog post and finished reading all of them. Great stuff you are writing and I surely am learning a lot of new stuff to it. I don't have inscription and I always thought to myself it's such a bad market because of the new changes, that you have no need to keep buying new glyphs, and I still don't understand why it's still sells so good, hope you can clear that up a bit, but wanted to thank you a lot for your great posts and hope to see more coming.

    ReplyDelete