Monday, November 22, 2010

Emerald Whelp – o How I love thee

What a weekend. As you may note, I don’t blog much on the weekends – I get really caught up in gaming so I tend to not read blogs nor write them – it’s also because I want to save the content so I have something to do other than work on Monday morning.
I surprisingly didn’t play much wow this weekend; I started playing Fable 2 and got caught up in it. I did manage of course to do a daily post/scan of the auction house, while I was reviewing the auction I noticed the elusive Emerald Whelp for 11k buyout, whist I can afford it – I can’t really bring myself to spend that much on a vanity item. However I noticed the bid of 300g. Knowing that I would probably be outbid, I bid on it anyway. After that I put it from my mind and continued my endless posting of Glyphs while exploring the land of Fable.
Low and behold I login this morning to a bright and shiny new Emerald Whelp for only 300g. Somehow, no one outbid me. Before the Goblin could rear its head I sent it to my main and learned it.
To appease the Goblin, the Red Whelp which I purchased for 500g is now on the AH for 8k. I don’t expect to sell it soon, with 4.0.3a around the corner, but you never know. 

Tip of the Day:  Don't put an item up with a low bid unless that is a price you are comfortable with. That Whelp should have really gone for 3k minimum, but because of lazy or intept posting - I walk away with it for 300g.

Regardless my play time, I did manage to net around 9k in misc items this weekend. But I spent another 10k (5 of which was a loan) on more cataclysm goods (ore, eternals, ect).

Everyone ready for 4.0.3a? I’m pretty sure I am going to go insane with all the tells I am going to get (being a mage) from all the people not used to actually Flying everywhere. 
I think it would be good if they made scrolls of recall something that could be used by everyone, not just Inscriptions. That way it would be another commodity that we could sell and give non-engineers, non-mages a second way of traveling. Or perhaps expand upon the potion of Deepholm, where you can create potions for major cities. I understand that blizzard wants everyone to experience the new zones and not just port anywhere – but that is going to get really old in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment