Thursday, December 23, 2010

Update on Perfect Nightsones!

Last week I posted to buy up the gem cuts Timeless Nightstone, Jagged Jasper, and Solid Zephyrite
as blizzard was removing the proc of perfect for these cuts [source]. At the time, these gems were going for 5-10g per gem as jewel crafters dumped them into the AH after a disappointing attempt to get their daily done.
Once I heard of this hotfix, I bought up all the perfect cuts under 10g on the AH, investing approximately 1000g.
These cuts are now up to 75-95g per on my server as people buy these gems instead of their more expensive blue counterparts for their leveling gear. My initial 1000g investment has already profited about 4000g as I have sold a little under half of my perfect stock. 

Last night I purchased the Gem Cut Willful Ember Topaz as part of my PVP Gem experiment. I cut 5 and placed them on the AH for 450g per. This was pretty late last night and none have sold so far, but I am hopeful that they will sell as it reaches peak play time.

I made a tentative decision on my Tailoring route (see this post for details) with one more Chaos orb I will be able to craft my 6th dreamcloth and create the Breeches of Mended Nightmares, I am going to post them around 20k and see if I have a buyer. If not, I am going to wear them and then focus on Spellthread. This employ's one of my tenants of AHing - Never buy something you wont use.
This is the reason I chose the Willful Ember Topaz as my PVP gem cut. If I decided to PVP on my mage, then this is probably the gem I will use, therefore if this experiment ends up being a failure I did not invest in something that wont eventually get used.

No comments:

Post a Comment