Thursday, December 30, 2010

Random Rewards: Mysterious Fortune Card

When I started leveling my inscription, one of the items you use to get gains is the Mysterious Fortune Card. I thought at first that this was a useless item, but the more I made the more I decided I should review the item before I vendored it.
The Mysterious Fortune Card is a card that when used changes into a random Card that lists your fortune, and sells for X amount of gold. The X is where it gets interesting. The used card can sell between 5 and 5,000g, depending on what card it is. Let the gambling begin!
Right now, Glyphs are selling for an average of 80g, which is great if you bought inks before the ink trader changed (which I did) and still have some in stock (which I don’t) – because of this, its more expensive for me to trade inks, or more work if I have to farm or purchase the old herbs required to make inks.

The lowest herb price on my server is Cinderbloom at 6g per herb, which equates to 30g per mill and 120g per stack.  If I do a rough average of 3 Ashen Pigment per Mill, then I get cost of 19.8g per Blackfallow ink ((6*5=30)*0.66)=19.8). The Fortune Card requires 1 Blackfallow Ink and 1 Ressillant Parchment (12 silver) to make, rounding our cost to 20g per card.
Currently these cards are going for 45-50g per card, but I have seen as high as 150g and as low as 25g. if I set my sell price at 40g per card, I gain 20g profit per Card not including any Burning Embers I get during the milling process.
Stack of Herbs: 120g (investment)
Ink from 1 Stack: 6 Inks = 6 Cards = 240g Return
Profit: 120g per stack of herbs bought, not including Burning Embers.

If Card prices are under 30g per, I would look at Fortune Cookie Prices as this food is a great raiding food, with the added benefit of the fortune card.



NOTE: I wrote this post a while ago, in the meantime I myself have caught the Mysterious Fortune bug and often the cards do not get past my inscriptionist before I flip them over.  I would advise NOT forming this habbit as it is not very conductive to making gold - but it is pretty fun :) 

1 comment:

  1. I have a 3 part series on this popular trend. If you need tips for barking mysterious fortune cards be sure to check it out.

    I have made about 70k from selling these mysterious fortune cards and have only flipped 2 myself and both times was a clicking mistake.

    ReplyDelete