Monday, December 27, 2010

Best time to buy!

I work full time, raid 4 Nights (3 hrs) a week and I am a full time Goblin, that takes up a lot of time. From usually around 6 am to 5 PM PST I am not available to do much wow stuff with the exception of some remote AH checking when I am on a break or having a slow day.

With that in mind, I look for deals when and where I can, example 5 AM Material prices! When I get up at 5 am, I make some coffee and do a quick AH scan while I get ready for my morning workout. During that scan I often find that ore and herb prices have dropped dramatically, probably because A) the late night famers have posted all their materials and B)less people are on so less buyers.
Example: Wensday 12/22 when I logged on at 5 am elementium ore was at 5g Per/100g a stack. At 4 PM it was over 15g per stack and rising. As more people logged on for the day and it started to reach peak hours, the prices significantly rose.
You can also follow this trend during the week. Monday’s elementium ore can go for as slow as 2-3g per, while Thursday and Friday tend to have 18-22g per prices. During the week between work and school, less people have time to farm for materials, but on weekends, everyone is out farming.

I used elementium ore a lot in this example, however this trend can be found across multiple markets. I don’t mean for you to get up at 5 am just to buy some items (unless of course that’s your thing), but if you’re up anyway due to work or school and have a few spare minutes, give it a try – you could get a great deal!

2 comments:

  1. I personally didn't try do get up at 5 a.m., but on my server I find that the best ime to buy is at 7 a.m. ... I suppose the reasons are exactly those you already listed ^^
    The variation between prices is less wide in my server, but it's still quite profitable to buy in the morning, especially if you're buying in bulk... even one gold per ore starts to make a difference, when you're buying 8-15 stacks every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think it depends on server. I am on a PST server and live on the West Coast, so it works out for me. As always have to take your server into account :)

    ReplyDelete