Monday, December 20, 2010

Possible Niche Market – PVP Gems?

Choosing a gem cut on a high population server is pretty hard. The first cuts are out and now everyone is scrambling to get all the PVE cuts and sell them for 150-300g a cut. If you review the undermine journal, one thing to notice is that many times there is no data on any PVP Gems. So far on my server there is No Data for Spell Penetration or Resilience Gems. I see the possibility of profit!

My server is a high population server with a pretty even mix of PVP and PVE player base. Pretty soon, most players will exhaust their patience with PVE content and move on to serious PVP. With Serious PVP comes PVP gems!
I have not found one person on my server with a blue PVP Gem cut, mostly because the PVE cuts are making consistent money.  Therefore my next test of the market is going to be to purchase a PVP cut and see how it compares with my PVE Cuts.

I think this would depend on your sever. If your server does not have an active PVP player base I would NOT recommend doing this. Ill test it out over the next few days and return the results.

Famers are out in force and elementium ore prices have begun to plummet. I was able to purchase 1000 ore for 3.5k this morning, prospected it all and so far have made around 6.7k, with a bunch of Blue and Green Gems left over.  If you want good deals, observe the farming times on your server, traditionally – the earlier you check the AH the better. I find my best deals when I get up at 4:30 AM for work and do a quick scan of the AH.

1 comment:

  1. It seems interesting!
    I personally have to much designs I want to buy to experiment this, but I hope you'll keep us informed!
    Talking about mats, I suppose that for most servers the best time to buy mats is early in the morning...
    There is always somebody farming (and if in the night there are less people doing so, those people are just gathering more ore and herbs than they would if they had competition), while most people connect and tries to level profession in the afternoon/evening...
    What I mean is that if 10 people are leveling a profession at the same time, they will still need the same amount of mats they would need if they were alone in the server, but if 10 people are trying to gather something in the same area they will gather less than one of them would do if he/she was alone...
    So gathered mats prices tend to go down in the hours in which there is less people online ^_^

    ReplyDelete