Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Glyph’s are they worth it?


Glyph’s were a major money maker for me at the end of WOTLK. The only major drawback I encountered was the time it takes to create my large stock of glyphs.

Enter CATA – glyphs are selling at an average of 80g per on my server (some as high as 250, but many as low as 20g) and I have finally run out of stock that I saved from before the ink trader change.

Now if I want to create more glyphs I will have to either go farm old world herbs (not as hard as was previously with a flying mount) or buy/farm Cata herbs and trade.
My issue with glyphs right now is that it doesn’t seem worth it. The average price per glyph if I purchase the cheapest CATA herb is 14.79g per Glyph (80g sell, 63.43g cost).  I normally have about 350 Glyphs so that’s about 4,917g after AH fees and such.
Now, 5k isn’t bad – but it isn’t great either. Considering that it takes me anywhere from 1-2 hrs to complete my glyph cycle, I could spend that on more lucrative gold making cycles.
Right now glyphs just don’t seem worth it to me. I am involved with almost every market on my server and maintaining a sold Glyph presence doesn’t seem viable – at this at this point.

This is restricted to glyphs however, other inscription items are still on my crafting cycle – but I’ll save that for another day.

So, here’s my tip. Don’t get stuck in your old  habits. Be sure you are reviewing your gold making strategies to ensure that you are getting the most gold per hour. Don’t follow a routine just because it’s what you are used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment