Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend Warriors, a New Guild Bank and the Undermine Journal.


shit just got real....



Another week gone by and another progress update. We left our intrepid Mage at level 63 last week, marching through the wilds of Outland. Not only did she survive the twisted nether but managed to make it through the undead filled peaks of Northrend, through the burning of Mount Hyjal and now sits in the underground Caverns of Deepholm …yes my mage is now 82.


Outland passed very quickly, almost too quickly as I hardly managed to pick up any herbs along my way. Plenty of ore for Blacksmithing, but herbs were not spawning for me for some reason.  The good news is I got enough greens and cloth to make a few [Bag of Jewels], which sell for about 350 gold each.


The farming front is going well, so well that it’s now time for me to start outlining my MOP Preparation plan.


My first major setback is space, thankfully while I was perusing the AH late Sunday night someone announced in trade that they wanted to sell a 5 tab guild bank. I figured what the heck and sent the gentlemen a tell – for only 50 gold I now have a guild bank (the name is rather unflattering but I can change that). I am giving it a week before I actually start using it, it looked legitimate, only 4 people in the guild, guy who sold it was guild leader for a while, but just in case it was stolen or something I don’t want to start using it just to have blizzard take it away.


I figured a week should be sufficient and then I can start with my stockpile.


On the Auction housing front I have had to shift my selling paradigm from my old server. Originally I came from a mid-high population, PVP server with a very heavy raiding presence. Most guilds on my server raided 4-6 hours Monday through Thursday, making those days prime time for posting Auctions. Weekends I almost never bothered because that’s when all the crafters and farmers came out and prices tanked.


It’s almost the exact opposite on my new server. I noticed pretty slow sales during the week, but starting Friday afternoon up until Sunday evening very high, constant sales. This lets me know that on this server I probably have way more people who have jobs or attend school or otherwise don’t have much time to play during the week – so on the weekend they don’t want to waste time and buy what they need on the Auction House.

This is very important to learn on a server as I wasted a good amount of time posting auctions during the week that never sold; I am still going to post some items, such as consumables, raw mats or glyphs. But vanity items like pets or transmog gear I’ll probably wait for the weekend when the Weekend Warriors roll in and start buying.

Last but definitely not least, the greatest news I had upon returning to Wow is that the Undermine Journal is back! Before I left on my year hiatus, the Undermine Journal went offline due to the extensive modifications that were made to the online auction house. It’s back online now and awesome as always.

It helps me keep up with trends and it’s much easier for me to alt-tab to see a market price for an item then keen Auctioneer running all the time (and remembering to scan) and I am going to try out the add-on version to see how I like that.


If you haven’t already been to the Undermine Journal, head over now.


Golden Muse out…


No comments:

Post a Comment