Monday, July 9, 2012

The Death of a Guild Bank

Week 2 of wow return has been completed and boy was it a busy week.
During the week I continued leveling my new Mage who made it to 63 by EOD Sunday. This little goblin is a pure famer with Herbalism/Mining. Her Ore is currently going to the Priest who I recently replaced her mining with Blacksmithing. Her Herbs are being saved for when the Rogue transferred.

The last character I have to transfer is my Rogue (Inscription/Alchemy) who I made guild master of my Bank Guild (instead of my level 10 bank alt). I waited the whole 7 days it required and bright and early Saturday morning I logged into battle.net to transfer her over and I get an error.
Guild does not meet the minimum level requirement for transfer.
O.
M.
G.
Apparently guilds have to be level 2 to transfer, looks like I should read the fine print a little more often.
/wrists

After I screamed in rage and contemplated spiking my headset, I reviewed the contents of my 6 filled bank tabs to determine what stays and what goes.  I spent the next 3 hours auction-housing and general house cleaning.
After it was all said and done I was up 10k in 12 hours (longest I was willing to wait), I probably could have made more but I really wanted to get this last transfer done and hop into the Inscription/Alchemy markets on my new server. Looking back it was actually a good thing, I am a hoarder in game and will save everything for months just waiting for a good price (sample: I had 500 small eggs waiting for Winter Veil just hanging out), this requirement allowed me to clean out all that extra stuff.
I will miss my guild bank though; I had 6 tabs and my own private warehouse.  After I settle a bit I am going to look at purchasing another one on my current server as Inscription takes up a lot of space.

Current Gold Making Tip: Vendor Recipes, I can’t get over how much people pay for vendor recipes. While I am leveling my Farmer I make a point of always stopping by any vendor and seeing if they have a limited quantity recipe or even one that just looks unique. Most of these go for under 1 gold (30 silver most of the time) but sell between 25-50 gold. Since I am already in town it takes no extra effort to check out these vendors.






2 comments:

  1. Bummer on the bank tabs. I've got a blank char slot, I can roll a lvl 1 if you need a sig. It only takes 5 sigs including yourself to get a guild charter.

    -Uncle Oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know it was changed to 5! Was done while I was one my break, thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete