Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back in Action!

Its been a crazy few weeks. Between work and raiding I had little time for my extra activities. In fact some days went by that I had NOTHING on the AH, blasphemes I know.

But things are starting to settle down so I have begun to research the recent and upcoming changes in anticipation of more gold making.

In the meantime, here is a post I was working ok a few weeks ago before life decided to head-butt me:

I have been in process of investigating different ways of profiting using my professions, today I should be able to get another Gem Cut and I plan on purchasing a PVP Gem cut to see if I can get a nice price from cornering the PVP Gem market.

In the meantime I have been focusing on my JC and Enchanter.  Kreaton over at Not So Secrect Society, has posted a nice post regarding the green gems and their various uses. I myself have been reviewing green gems and over the past 3 days I have done a little research and a little spending.

Monday, elementium ore was down to around 3.7 per ore or 74g per stack. One single person had posted over 500 stacks at this price. I almost couldn’t help myself. I ended up purchasing about 50 stacks.

Investment So far:  approx. 3,700

I prospected it all and after it was all said and done I received an average of 10 of each blue gem and 40 of each green gem (I haven’t seen anything official but I wonder if Nightstone proc-rate has been increased? I received almost 45 nightstones, the most of any green gem).
The Jade, Alicite and Carnelian’s stayed with my JC and I crated the Jade Rings, Alicite Necks and Carnelian Spikes (I ended up proc’ing 1 Blue Jade Ring and 2 blue alicite necks).  Once complete I sent all the items to my Enchanter to DE, with the exception of the Blue Items – which were sent directly to my banker.

After I was done, I took all the Dream Emerald’s and cut them into Lightning Dream Emeralds, which are going for about 375g per on my server.

After the crafting of the Gems, I DE’d the items and sent them to my banker to begin posting. I spent about 45 minutes total doing this, and was afk half the time cooking dinner.

The final auctions have sold and I have netted approximately 31,257 g.
Investment – 3,700g
Return – 31,257g
Profit: 27,557g

Not too shabby.

1 comment:

  1. Congratz!! What a hefty return on your investment. After reading this I think I need to go...right this second...and max out my JC!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete